For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the respective caravan’s owner listed on Caravan Holiday Hopton’s website shall be known as the “Owner” and the person(s) making the holiday booking shall be known as the “Guest(s)”.
- The Guest(s) accepts the Owner’s terms and conditions on payment of deposit and must be over the age of 21.
- Haven is a family friendly park and under no circumstances can stag or hen parties be accommodated by the Owner.
- The Owner is unable to accept same gender ‘groups’ without prior permission from Haven.
- The Owner does not allow pets in caravans unless they are designated as pet friendly on the website.
- The Owner does not allow smoking, vaping or the taking of recreational drugs in the caravan.
BOOKING & RENTAL CHARGES
- The Owner requires a £50 non-refundable deposit to secure a Guest(s) booking.
- The Owner is unable to hold dates without a deposit.
- The balance of the Guest(s) holiday is due 30 days prior to the start of the holiday.
- Late deals require payment in full (less than 30 days prior to the holiday).
- All prices quoted are valid for a period of 3 days only.
- The Owner reserves the right to alter or change prices, or withdraw special offers or competitions without prior notice.
- The Owner requests the following information from the Guest(s) at time of booking:
- Names of all parties
- Ages of all parties
- Gender of all parties
- Full address, telephone number and email address
- Details of any daily visitors
CANCELLATION BY GUEST
- If Guest(s) need to cancel their holiday, please notify the Owner/Agent in writing. The non-refundable deposit will be forfeited and the holiday dates will be opened on the calendar.
- Where the Guest(s) cancels a booking within 30 days of the holiday start date, any payments made will be forfeited.
- If the holidaymaker wishes to vary the terms of the booking, the Agent reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £20, provided the amendment is possible.
- If the Guest(s) cut a holiday short after it has commenced, no refunds will be given.
CANCELLATION BY AGENT/OWNER
1. In exceptional circumstances, where the Owner or Agent needs to cancel or change the Guest(s) booking, the Guest(s) will be notified as soon as possible prior to the holiday date. Guests may:
a) Accept the changes offered by the Agent
b) Receive a full refund
2. Compensation is not paid in any circumstances.
- Upon payment of a Guest(s) balance, the Owner will also require a £75 security deposit, which will be authorised for return to the Guest(s) within 14 days of departure once the caravan has been inspected by our on-site team, unless:
- There have been unrecorded person(s) staying in the caravan
- The keys have been lost or taken home
- There has been smoking in the caravan
- There has been excessive alcohol consumption resulting in nuisance or anti-social behaviour
- There is evidence or reporting of drug misuse
- There is missing inventory
- There is damage and/or mess caused that has not been suitably repaired or cleaned
- There is evidence of soiled beds and/or bedding (including linen)
- The caravan is vacated later than the agreed departure time
- There is any damage to the caravan or its contents (internal and external)
- Any of the safety equipment and devices installed have been tampered with or damaged
- The lights and heating have been left on when the caravan is vacant
- There is excessive use or misuse of the heating, lighting and other utilities/facilities.
2. The Owner/Agent reserves the right to inspect accommodation should it deemed necessary or where a breach of Terms and Conditions is suspected.
- Payment can be made by credit/debit card via the secure payment system on the owner’s/agent’s website.
- The owner/agent does NOT accept PayPal or cheque.
- Should the owner/agent find they have significantly undercharged the Guest(s) because of an error, the Guest(s) will be offered the option to cancel the holiday or extend them the opportunity to pay the full and correct holiday price.
HOLIDAY PAYMENT INSTALMENT PLANS
- The Owner offers Guests the opportunity to pay by instalments to spread the cost.
- A deposit of £50 is required to secure the dates, instalments or part payments can be made to the Guest’s account via the internet or telephone.
- The holiday balance must be paid 30 days prior to the holiday.
- Missing or late payments or failure to pay the balance within 30 days of the Guest(s) holiday will result in loss of the deposit and holiday booking.
- Late deal/last minute bookings (less than 30 days from the holiday date) are exempt from instalment plans and must be paid in full at point of booking.
- Holiday insurance in NOT included in the price of our holidays.
- The Owner does not provide holiday insurance but strongly advises the Guest(s) to incept a suitable holiday insurance policy in the event of accident, loss, cancellation or other factor.
- On departure, the Guest(s) must ensure the heating and lights are turned off. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- On vacation of the caravan, the Guest(s) must ensure the heating and lights (except a security light) are turned off. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- The Guest(s) are NOT permitted to use the caravan’s electricity supply to charge electric vehicles.
- The holiday cost includes for fair us of utilities; excessive usage is chargeable at the prevailing supplier price.
- The Owner retains a full inventory of all items inside and outside of the caravan.
- Any missing or damaged inventory will result in full or partial loss of the security deposit.
- Please note that advertised holiday home inventory may be subject to change.
STORE CUPBOARD ITEMS/EQUIPMENT USE
- Most Owners provides Guest(s) with a supply of essentials to use during their stay, please refrain from excessive use.
- All Guest(s) are required to replenish any items which they use the last of to extend the next guest the same courtesy.
- By accepting the Owner’s terms and conditions at time of booking, the Guest(s) expressly agree to the safe use of all equipment within the caravan.
- Faulty equipment must be reported immediately via telephone or email and not used under any circumstances.
- The Owner does not accept any liability for loss, injury or accident encountered by Guest(s) or their visitors.
1. If any member of the Guest(s) party has an allergy to pets, it is strongly recommended that pet friendly accommodation is not booked.
2. It cannot be guaranteed that pets have never occupied any of our holiday homes.
3. Compensation is not paid in circumstances where an allergy or similar has occurred.
- The Owner engages an independent cleaning company to prepare the caravan. Guest(s) must maintain the levels of cleanliness and hygiene during their stay. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
- On departure, Guest(s) must leave the caravan in the same clean and tidy condition, with the bins and fridge/freezer emptied. Failure to do so may result in loss of the security deposit.
DAMAGE OR LOSS
- All damage or loss should be reported immediately to the Owner, Agent or on-site team by telephone or email; the Owner will make deductions to cover replacement or repair. Failure to report may result in loss of the full security deposit.
- Should the loss or damage exceed the security deposit, the Owner will take necessary legal action against the Guest(s) to seek full compensation.
- The Owner’s caravan is privately owned and they reserve the right to evict Guest(s) in the event of:
- Unreasonable, disruptive or anti-social behaviour, including reports from other owners and the park
- Additional unregistered guests being in the caravan
- Pets in the caravan, unless a service dog authorised at time of booking
- Smoking in the caravan
- Partaking in recreational drugs anywhere on the park
- Damage to the caravan or its contents (inside or out)
- Instruction by Haven
- In the event of a problem occurring or issue arising with the accommodation, the Guest(s) must contact the owner, agent or on-site representative as soon as possible during their stay on park to enable investigation and rectification of the issue(s) being experienced. The Owner does not accept any complaints raised after the holiday booking is complete.
- Guest(s) should refrain from making disparaging or defamatory comments, posting photographs or videos about the Owner, agent, caravan or park in any public domain, including review sites, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- The Guest(s) check in window is between 4pm to 6pm, unless otherwise arranged and agreed in writing. For Guest(s) arriving later than 6pm, it is their responsibility to ensure they have obtained the key safe number between 4pm and 6pm.
- The Guest(s) should consult their booking confirmation email for details regarding key collection. Where a key safe is fitted, this will either be via an email containing the code sent to the email address on file, or by telephoning the number stated on the confirmation email between 4pm and 6pm.
- Guest(s) arriving after 6pm will be required to pay the on-site representative a £20 key release charge where no key safe is installed.
- The Guest(s) must check out by 10am sharp, unless otherwise arranged and agreed in writing. Please note that late departure will result in loss of the security deposit.
- The Guest(s) must not park outside the caravan after check out time.
- The Owner’s housekeeper will conduct a thorough inspection of the caravan and its contents after departure.
- Entertainment passes are not included in the cost of the holiday and must be purchased directly from Haven by the Guest(s) on arrival as an additional cost should they be required.
- Entertainment passes are required to access Haven’s activity complex and swimming pool, prices differ for peak and off-peak durations, the Guest(s) should visit Haven’s reception to determine the current rates.
- Guest(s) must report any issues or complaints to the Owner, Agent or on-site team during their holiday to allow ample opportunity to rectify matters.
- The Owner does not accept any complaints raised after the holiday booking is complete; the Guest(s) are provided with telephone numbers and email addresses to make contact during their stay.
- In the event of a dispute arising, Guest’s contact details will be issued to the Owner by the Agent to enable them to address the matter.
- In the event of a dispute arising, the Owners reserve the right to consult a third-party or legal representative to address matters.
- The Guest(s) should refrain from making defamatory comments, post photographs or videos about the Owner, caravan or park in any public domain, including review sites, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
- Abusive or threatening written or verbal communication will not be tolerated and will be considered to be harassment and reported accordingly to the authorities.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions on booking your holiday, the Guest(s) agree not to threaten or execute legal action in the event of deposits of holiday costs not being refunded due to any breach of the above rules or cancellation.
- The Guest(s) will be liable for any additional costs incurred by the Owner following breach of the above rules.
- The Owner nor the Agency does not accept any liability for loss, injury, illness or accident encountered by guests or their visitors.
- By accepting these terms and conditions at time of booking, the Guest(s) expressly agree to the safe use of all equipment within the caravan.
- Faulty equipment must be reported immediately via telephone or email and not used under any circumstances.
- The Owner does NOT accept animals at the caravan without agreement in writing unless it is a clearly designated pet friendly caravan.
- A charge of £25 (max 2) is applicable to all bookings made in designated pet friendly caravans.
- Animals must be registered assistance dogs/domestic animals and not listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act.
- Animals must be house trained and be up-to-date with flea treatments.
- Animals must not be left unaccompanied in the caravan, unless crated.
- Animals are not permitted on the beds, sofas or other soft furnishings.
- If an animal is deemed to be too noisy or a nuisance, the Owner or Haven may ask guests to vacate the caravan or remove the animal.
- The Owner cannot guarantee that our caravans are pet-free because assistance animals may stay on occasion.
- An additional deposit of £50 per animal may be requested.
- The Guest(s) must use the allocated parking space provided during their stay.
- The Guest(s) is not permitted to park on the communal grassed areas.
- The Guest(s) is not permitted to park in spaces allocated to other caravans.
- The Owner does not accept any liability for loss, damage, fines or clamping resultant from poor parking or driving.
- The Guest(s) must observe the site speed limit at all times.
- The Guest(s) must not park outside the caravan after check out time.
- The Owner does NOT permit smoking within the caravan; this includes vaporizers, e-cigarettes, tobacco or drugs.
- The Guest(s) must observe Haven’s park rules regarding smoking and refrain from smoking anywhere other than the designated smoking areas.
- It is the Guest(s) responsibility to ensure no personal items are left in the caravan on departure.
- The Guest(s) must notify the Owner as soon as they realise they have left something behind and housekeeping will do their best to locate it.
- The Owner does not accept any liability for anything found damaged or unable to be found.
- If the reported item is found, cost of return is payable by the Guest(s). Items will not be sent until payment is received.
- A minimum charge of £10, plus postage will be incurred to return lost property.
- The Guest(s) hold responsibility for safeguarding their personal belongings, vehicles, bicycles or other property.
- The Guest(s) should secure their property and remove valuables from view.
- The Owners does not accept any liability for loss or damage of property or personal belongings, including phones, laptops or other electrical/mechanical devices of Guest(s).
- The Owner, agent or on-site team may enter the caravan at any reasonable time to conduct an inspection or undertake maintenance or repairs.
- Where repairs or maintenance are required, the Owner or their agent will endeavour to contact Guest(s) beforehand.
- In the case of emergency, the Owner, on-site team or Haven may need to enter the caravan without prior warning for the Guest(s) own safety.
- If the Guest(s) have any problems or maintenance issues, please telephone 01502 456004. Please do not contact Haven, any maintenance charges incurred from Haven are the responsibility of the Guest(s).
- The Owner does not accept any responsibility for, or pay compensation for things beyond our control that prevent or interrupt your stay, destroy or damage your personal belongings or property, the caravan, other holiday homes or Haven’s facilities.
- Things beyond our control include fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, force of nature, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, and epidemics/pandemics.
- Guest(s) information will not be sold on to third parties but may be shared with Haven for bone-fide purposes.
- Free wifi is available in Haven’s complex and reception areas.
- The Guest(s) use Haven wifi at their own risk; the Owner accepts no responsibility for any damages, loss costs or expenses incurred by Guest(s) whilst using wifi at Hopton Holiday Village.
The information you given in relation to a booking is held securely on the booking system and dealt with in accordance with GDPR 2018. By providing us with this information you are deemed to accept this and to have the consent of all members of your party. We hold this information to help us improve our service, to comply with any Haven or legal requirement, to provide you with information about our holidays and services by telephone, e-mail, post and SMS, and to keep you informed of our latest news and offers. If you would prefer not to receive this information, please contact us.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Caravan Holidays Hopton act as a marketing and booking agent only. All accommodation, equipment and accommodation facilities provided are privately owned and Caravan Holidays Hopton accept no liability for claims and do not pay compensation.
COVID 19 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Guests must not travel to the holiday park if they are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or have contracted the virus. No compensation or refunds are payable.
- Guests will be required to be pre-registered with the Haven park at least 48 hours before check in day to receive an access code to gain entry on to the holiday park. If a Guest fails to return or provide any required details, the Owner/Agent will not be held liable for their refusal to enter the holiday park. No compensation or refunds are payable.
- The Owner will NOT be providing the Guest with linen during the 2020 season. The Guest must bring sufficient pillowcases, duvet covers and sheets for the number of guests staying. Guests may also prefer to bring their own pillows and duvets.
- Guests must follow all social distancing guidelines and any other safety protocols required by Haven, Local Authority, Government, etc.
- All Guests must maintain strict hygiene during their stay, regularly using hand soap and sanitiser in the caravan, on park and whilst away from the accommodation, and by maintaining levels of surface cleanliness during their stay.
- The Guest check in time will be from 4pm to allow extra time for sanitation of key touchpoints. A Guest’s arrival time may be stipulated by Haven to enable them to control traffic on to the park.
- The checkout time is by 10am. Guests are expected to check out promptly and return the key to the safe to enable the cleaning contractors to commence cleaning for the next guest.
- If a Guest or other member of the party becomes unwell with symptoms or Covid-19 during their stay, they MUST notify the office on 01502 456004 immediately, pack their belongings and return home to self-isolate and get well. No compensation or refunds are payable.
- The Owner strongly advises the Guest(s) to incept a suitable holiday insurance policy to cover them in the event of accident, loss, cancellation or other factor.
- The independent cleaning contractors will take every precaution to ensure the caravan is cleaned and sanitised to a high standard. However, all guests stay at their own risk and the Owner/Agent cannot be held responsible if the virus is contracted during your holiday.